I'm working for HELP International as a Country Director in Hyderabad, India from May-August 2010.

Taj Mahal

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I went on a tour to the Taj Mahal by myself. Besides it being a 20 hour tour in the end, I had a good time and made some new friends.

We went to Agra fort first where it was raining profusely. Things then dried up a bit, we went to lunch and a tacky touristy shop, then to the Taj Mahal. The cost of one foreigners ticket vs 1 local ticket was out of control. A local ticket is 20 rupees (50 cents) a foreigners price is 750 rupees ($20). Not cool.

 


The sites were worth it.

One of my new friends told me there was a huge Yanni concert there a few years ago. Here is a clip:


After the Taj Mahal or the tribute to love, we went on to the Lord Krishna's birthplace. Which was really interesting. We were stuck at a train crossing for 3 hours so that made it less exciting for me and since we were so late, we only had 15 minutes before the temple closed. We therefore RAN from one place to the next following our tourguide. Hinduism is a religion that I don't understand as much but the temple was really beautiful, pretty clean, and festive.

Lord Krishna was born and then on his birth night his father carried him in a dream to a land that is about 50 km away to be raised there. He is blue and created a mountain with his little finger.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers