I'm working for HELP International as a Country Director in Hyderabad, India from May-August 2010.

Incredible India

That is the slogan of the country I'm in right now. Sometimes I feel a part of it, and other times I think I'm being rejected by it on all fronts. I am back to sleeping in my good old non AC and very little natural air circulation room. I started last night and am back in tonight. It was warm last night and I couldn't stop thinking about inception, and feeling sick, so I didn't sleep very well last night and tonight the power has been spotty which means, when ours goes out, the warm air in my room sits still and the generator next door kicks in. Every time it does I try to convince myself it is soothing, it's really just loud jagged noise, including a sporadic clamoring-pots and pans hitting together-sounds for added gusto. Anyway, that on top of the mosquito bites and potentially bed-bug bites, a mouse that we found inside yesterday, and me not feeling super awesome is going to make for a very un-restful sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh.... I wish I had someway that I could help you!! Hopefully your AC will get working NOW.. But it is India. It is worst because you have been feeling so bad. All I know to say is that I am so sorry. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Followers